Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Couch to 5K

I am going to be a runner again, even if it kills me! I am ready for a new challenge that doesn't involve housekeeping or mothering of any sort. I got a new stroller, new running shoes, and a plan.

Sandra forwarded me a workout plan for beginning runners to get you back into shape gradually so you don't die trying to run too much too fast. I thought I would record my progress here.

Day one: walk 5 min walk to warm up. do 10 sets of run for one minute/ walk for one minute. 5 minutes to cool down.
Notes: The first two sets I was feeling over confident, "maybe I am in better shape than I thought!" By the end, I was back to reality. Strange time phenomenon- the running minutes were twice as long as the walking minutes. Snuck a two minute walk after set 4. Becca puts hands in air and yells "wheee!!!" when running down hill. Find another neighborhood to walk that is flat. Never noticed how many hills are on the way to my house.

No comments: