Thoughts on life and mothering: mostly trying, stumbling, and trying again to do a little better. Some things we eat, make, read, and do and what I learn along the way. And how sometimes it is ok to eat the cookies before they get home. Even if all problems can't be solved with cookies and milk and yellow balloons, they certainly can't make things worse!
Thursday, August 2, 2012
How to get your boy to pick up his clothes
I used to struggle to get the boy in our family to pick his clothes up off the floor. I am happy to report that for the past month, all of his dirty laundry has made it into the clothes hamper without any nagging from me.
Here is how I did it.
1. Buy a hamper that hangs on the back of the closet door for $3.00
2. Tell him to gently place his clothes inside and to never, ever, ever throw them in because it might break.
3. Watch him happily throw all of his clothes in at the end of the day in a mini act of basketball rebellion.
4. Sneak in every three or four days to empty it out into the washing machine, because when it gets full he will just keep throwing even when they tumble out on to the floor.
5. Enjoy the smug feeling of outsmarting your kid just this one time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You. are. brilliant.
That is all. As you were...
Post a Comment