Thursday, August 27, 2009

Two out of three?

One of my goals is to provide healthy meals that my kids actually like. I need a teacher. Or a year-supply of chicken nuggets. Either will work for me. Anyway, this is what we are eating.

Monday- chicken nugget day, with baby carrots and canned fruit. I had no energy and no time. But they ate everything I put in front of them.

Tuesday- chicken alfredo with veggies (one of those microwave in the bag meals). I thought it was going to be a hit. My kids usually love pasta and alfredo sauce. I liked it, Becca liked it, Andrew wouldn't touch it, and Lenna just picked out the pasta. Will have to try it again another night when they aren't so cranky (it was ballet day).

Wednesday- pork chops, rice, peaches, and pizza zucchini boats. I was feeling proud that I had made a "real" dinner. Lenna tried everything, then made herself a sandwich. Andrew ate everything but the zucchini then finished with a bowl of cereal. Becca loves rice by the handful and cheesy zucchini. Lenna was cranky, she usually eats all of that stuff. Thought for sure calling zucchini a pizza boat would sell it, but they wouldn't even touch it.

Thursday- need to make something up to do with frozen chicken breast or ground beef, preferably in the croc-pot. Thinking meatballs. They usually eat those.

Friday- dinner with daddy. I feel pressure to produce a meal worthy of adult consumption. Will let you know how it goes. Chinese chicken stir fry? Grilled something? Stand-by taco salad?

Saturday- picnic at the pool one last time. PB&J's all around.

Sunday- breakfast for dinner day. Waffles or apple pancakes. Leaning towards pancakes.

No comments: